With Spring officially underway, that means people are taking their boats out of winter storage and prepping them to head into the water for a fun-filled boating season.
As you get your boat ready this Spring, be sure to follow this repair checklist to avoid future problems during the season:
- Check belts, cables, and hoses as they can become brittle and may crack during winter storage.
- Inspect the fuel system for leaks or damage including fuel hoses, connections and tank surfaces.
- Inspect your electrical connections to ensure they are secure with no signs of corrosion or overheating.
- Check all fluid levels including engine oil, power steering, power trim reservoirs, and coolant.
- Inspect propellers for dings, pitting, cracks and distortion.
- Check the hull for blisters, distortions, and cracks.
- Inspect the battery and connection.
- Check all helm switches to be sure they are operational.
- Ensure all lights are in working order.
- Replace the batteries on all smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Check all cleats, rail fittings, and deck fittings to ensure they are tight and secure.
Many of these items require simple fixes. Don’t leave your safety to chance –take the time now to ensure everything is in line for a safe boating season.
Rate Here: [ratings]